Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 4, 5 - Shira 2, Lava Tower, Arrow Glacier Camp

Hello,

There isn't much to say about that relatively easy day. I had no good pictures of the camp, though, and I was able to snap one from the spire I scrambled up today at Arrow Glacier Camp Zoom in and you can see a bunch of tents and bathrooms, with a lava tower to the left. That's the camp I was at and that is the spire I climbed for good signal yesterday. Turns out there's an easy class 2/3 route up it, I didn't have to make it as hard as I made it (duh, eh?).

The one weird thing yesterday was being at the highest point I'd ever been at, knowing I had another vertical mile to ascend. Now that I'm at Arrow Glacier Camp, it's still daunting to look up at the Breach 2500 feet above. Tomorrow will be a tough day...

Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment