Saturday, March 7, 2009

Me at 4800 meters!

Hey,

We haven't had good signal lately so I climbed the class 4 lava tower from lava camp to 4800 meters. Highest I've ever been and I feel great!

BTW, during uphill pushes, my heartrate has been (I've been checking) 168-180 for an hour or more at a time. On the flats between, I rest it down to 140-152. Respiratory rate on hard pushes has been 40 full depth, lung filling breathes per minute. I am surpriseed at how i'm maintaining these numbers...

One of the other groups has a pulse oxymeter. Most people are showing blood oxygen saturation of 75-95%, but I'm at 98-99% with a resting heartrate in the 60s in the evenings. Coolio!

Anyway, catch y'all tomorrow, when I'm camped at 4800 meters and should have signal...

Joel, cold in the freezing wind up here...

No comments:

Post a Comment